Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Worth Reading: ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake

I CONSUMED this book in less than 24 hours!  I stayed up much later than I should have and I am very sleepy now as a result.  But--not too sleepy to share with you why you should read this book.

Cas is a professional ghost hunter that moves around the world with his mom killing violent ghosts the same way his family has done for generations.  When he arrives in a sleepy Canadian town to kill Anna Dressed in Blood, everything feels different.  Cas tries to go on with business as usual, but other people get involved and things get complicated.  Also, Anna is by far the most powerful ghost that Cas has ever seen and he has to find out how she got that way before he can figure out how to defeat her, or even if he wants to...

Let me just say that no, I don't think that this book opened my horizons to a new way of thinking or will eventually find its way into classic literature.  I did learn a little bit about voodoo cultures, but mostly I was just highly entertained.  If you like a good ghost story and are not too squeamish when it comes to reading gory descriptions, I definitely recommend this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment